Halo Infinite continues its beta path with the new test session scheduled for this weekend, from today to september 26, followed by another one scheduled for the next one, but in the meantime we see instructions on how to download and install the trial version for those who will be attending the session.
Obviously, Halo Infinite isn’t in the final version yet, so the build provided by 343 Industries and Microsoft is limited to some specific aspects of the game. In this case, these beta sessions are about only to the multiplayer of the new chapter, so the package that will be downloaded and installed will likely be smaller than the final game.
The secret is to have the app Xbox Insider Hub installed on your Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One, otherwise search for it in the Xbox Store and install it. Once we have the Xbox Insider Hub app, follow these steps:
- Launch the Xbox Insider Hub app and select “Preview” from the left menu.
- Select “Halo Infinite – Insider” in the “Available” section
- Select “Login” to officially register for the flight, this process may take some time
- Select “Accept” in the Terms and Conditions
- You will be taken to the “Halo Infinite – Insider” product page
- Whenever possible, select “Get” and “Install”
- Once installed, you can launch the beta directly from “My Games & Apps” or via the Xbox Insider Hub app
In essence, the procedure requires the additional step of launching from the Xbox Insider Hub app, otherwise the beta looks like a game build that can be run directly from the game list once installed.
343 Industries also explains that if you receive an error report stating that the beta was recorded by another gamertag, you must connect with the tag originally used to register with the Halo Infinite Insider program, disconnect that tag and re-associate the new one.
Keep in mind that this test session will focus on mode Arena Slayer, while next weekend’s will feature the Big Team Battle. At present, 343 Industries has released nearly 67 Halo Infinite artworks.