The developers of Relic Entertainment kept their word and today released the first major update of the year for the real-time strategy game Age of Empires 4 (from 53,99€ at buy) published. This is the patch to version 10257, which brings some interesting changes.
This certainly includes the increased speed at which the matchmaking system is now working. Many fans had complained that it sometimes took an extremely long time for the system to find suitable opponents for them. The new version should be 67 percent faster overall. In addition, the developers have taken care of the balancing of numerous units and adjusted their values somewhat. From now on, the horse archers of the Rus attack a little more slowly, the war monks are no longer quite as fast. The complete (very long) patch notes can be found on the official Age of Empires 4 website. At this point we present you at least a small excerpt:
Patch Notes for Age of Empires 4 v10257 (detail)
- The rate that we widen the acceptable pool of appropriately skilled players to match you with has been increased by 67%. We expect this to lead to faster match-ups without proportionally compromising match-up quality.
- Scouts now move 35% slower while carrying an animal carcass
- Horseman II-IV ranged armor is increased from 1 to 2â€¯(Updated to clarify previous wording)
- Spearmen now activate the spearwall ability correctly.
- Fixed an instance of the Prelate getting stuck while inspiring and would no longer inspire other units
- Horse Archers now attack slower, fire rate changed from 2.0 to 2.5â€¯(Updated to clarify previous wording)
- Horse Archers no longer receive additional attack speed and additional damage from the Incendiary Arrows technology
- Warrior Monks now move 25% slower while carrying a Relic
Latest current video: gamescom 2021 trailer