The Game Awards: GOTY Winner Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart? A website leak suggests this


A strange case came up with the official website of The Game Awards, which has been causing controversy on the internet and social media as, at least for a few minutes, it seems that it has already been named as the winner of the game of the year (GOTY), which is the most coveted of the night, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart.

We don’t know if the image, also shown below, could be faked in any way, but there are already several reports from users who have noticed the appearance of the word “Winner” in Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart in the Game of the Year section, which has now been removed and replaced by “Vote Closed” as for all other titles.

Public voting is in fact over and you have to wait until December 9th to know who the winners will be, unless the leak isn’t true.

In any case, the question is quite strange: it’s clearly a mistake, but it should be understood if the word “Winner” refers, perhaps, to the fact that the title in question actually got the most votes from the public.

The latter case is likely: considering the popularity of the series and the PS5, it would not be surprising that the majority of the public voted for Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, but it must be remembered that the popular vote counts only 10% of the awards. , while the remaining 90% depend on the jury. GOTY has been a very important award for Sony fans and maybe they mobilized for it.

A strange case, therefore, for which explanations from Geoff Keighley are awaited, although at this point it is possible that everything will simply be postponed until the night of the Game Awards on December 9th. However, we remember the nominations with the shortlist in the various categories, where Xbox beat Sony for the number of nominations this year, and the highest-scoring game of the year, Forza Horizon 5, was left out of the main awards – the only one with 90+ note released in 2021 and containing more audiences than all the other nominees combined.

Source (1)

Source (2)