2K Sports’ last wrestling game came out in 2019 and didn’t do very well with fans. As a result, the series was given a break, which ended in the spring of 2021 with a very brief announcement of WWE 2K22 and a reference to the following additional information. Although this information will not be published in detail until next year, a new trailer called “Hit List” already gives a small preview of the major changes and improvements, supplemented by a corresponding message from the publisher.
The WWE 2K hit list:
- Redesigned gameplay engine: The most important change in WWE 2K22 is the engine itself. Visual Concepts has completely redesigned the gameplay and animation engine so that every dive, kickout and finisher looks as realistic as if the fans were sitting at the restleMania at the ring . As soon as the players pick up the controller, they will feel the difference.
- New controls: The updated and incredibly intuitive controls are more powerful than ever this year. WWE 2K22 is designed to give players more control over every move and in every situation. It is easy to learn and play, but you can still show special skills.
- Stunning graphics: In short, WWE 2K22 is waiting with the best graphics ever in the WWE 2K franchise. The scanning and animation are based on the same industry leading processes as the NBA 2K line of Visual Concepts. In addition, the team has revised the lighting and lit the game from scratch,
- Immersive presentation: The most dynamic part of the series to date brings the players from the audience into the ring and offers an authentic WWE feeling throughout the game.
- New WWE 2K Showcase: Players can indulge in memories and relive the most striking matches and moments of a legendary WWE Superstar.
- MyGM: The players can draft superstars, book matches, manage contracts and prove that they have what it takes to run the most successful brand in sports entertainment.
- MyFACTION: For the first time in the series, the brand new MyFACTION mode enables players to control a legendary grouping that is in no way inferior to the nWo. You collect, manage and improve superstars, with weekly events and regular updates.
- MyRISE: An opportunity to witness the journey of a WWE Superstar from humble beginnings as a rookie to the fanfare of a Superstar to immortality as a legend. New storylines are available for both male and female ‘MyPLAYER’.
- Universe Mode: Universe Mode is back, offering players more control than ever before over brands, PPVs, match results, rivalries and much more.
- Creation Suite: The Creation Suite is also making a return better than ever. The players can step into the ring as themselves or as someone or something completely different – there are all kinds of crazy possibilities and fantasy elements – anytime and anywhere in the world.